The Dubai Urban Master Plan 2040
Following, Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, launched the Dubai 2040 Urban Master Plan that:
- Maps out a comprehensive future map for sustainable urban development in the city.
- Draws inspiration from international best practices to create conditions for sustainable prosperity.
1. To create a more inclusive environment that meets the needs of the city's diverse population.
2. To enable people to realise their creative and innovative potential.
The Dubai Urban Master Plan 2040 is the seventh major development for the emirate since 1960. Since then, the Dubai population has soared from 40,000 to 3.3 million due to its:
1. Ever-growing attractions
2. Year-round sun
3. Safe status
4. Cosmopolitan vibe.
Dubai 2040 urban master plan means:
- Inner-city areas will be revamped.
- Infrastructure will be significantly enhanced.
1. Boost economic growth.
2. Significantly increase job opportunities
3. Attract further foreign investment
4. Add even more world-class facilities and amenities for citizens, residents
The plan seeks to both develop and raise the profile of Hatta's natural and tourism attractions, as well as protect its environment in partnership with the private sector.
Plan & Preparation
- New urban hotspots Dubai Expo 2020 Centre and Dubai Silicon Oasis Centre will also be developed in the run up to 2040.
- Good news for the tourism sector too, as space for hotels and tourist activities will leap by 134% between now and 2040.
- Business will get a major boost as well, as land for commercial activities is set to increase to 168 sq.km.
- 25% increase in designated space for educational and health facilities.