- With beaches, mangroves and heritage sites aplenty.
- A tourist hotspot in Sharjah.
A Popular location
- Sharjahâ€™s floating theatre will be situated on Sharjahâ€™s exclave, Kalba.
- Set to get even more interesting in the coming years.
- Sheikh Dr Sultan bin Muhammad Al Qasimi, a member of the Supreme Council and Ruler of Sharjah approved the opening of Kalba floating theatre in Sharjah.
- Linked to the corniche, the theatre will be a wonderful tourist destination in Sharjah.
- Forming the shape of a sea shell encompassing water basins.
Structure & Design
- Design of the theatre is inspired by an idea given by H.H Sheikh Dr Sultan bin Muhammad Al Qasimi, a member of the Federal Supreme Council of the UAE and the Ruler of Sharjah.
- Theatre will host world-class performances and plays on the azure waters of Kalba Corniche.
The Opening Dates
- Have not been announced yet. However, the seashell-shaped theatre in Sharjah is expected to complete within a year.
- A part of series of projects announced in April.
- Include the construction of a clock tower, a revamped corniche which is a location of the new theatre and restoration of the most historic houses in the emirate.
1. The Al Kitab Rest Project
- Has been receiving thoroughly deserved praise.
- The ruler of Sharjah toured the site of this project in July 2021.
- The Al Kitab Rest Project is expected to open within a year.
- Nestled in Kalba Mountains at a lofty height of 1,000 above sea level.
- Al Kitab Rest House will feature prayer rooms, a cafe, a multi-purpose hall, a kidâ€™s playground and a restaurant.
2. The Livestock Market
3. The Butchery Project
- Also in the pipeline.
- The site has been approved recently. Finally, the Al Hafiya Lake Project will complete in October 2021.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Where is Kalba located?
Kalba is an exclave in Sharjah, bordering Fujairah to the north.
2. Is there any other attractions in Sharjah?
Yes; some of the attractions are the Kalba Bird of Prey Centre and Bait Sheikh Saeed Bin Hamad Al Qasimi. The Kalba Beach Park and the Kalba Corniche Park is also a top picnic and barbecue spot in Sharjah.