Dubai Aims to Attract 25 Millions: Seven-Point Plan for Newly Created Economic & Tourism Powerhouse
Dubai is aiming to increase the added value of the emirate’s industrial sector by 150 % in the next five years.
The Ruler, Sheikh Mohammed Reveals seven-point plan for newly created economic and tourism powerhouse.
1. With meeting seven targets to further strengthen the emirate's leading position in tourism and economy.
2. To make it the world's best city to live in and work.
The Department of Economy and Tourism will work to promote Dubai’s competitiveness in attracting foreign investments, increase exports, support SMEs, and develop new plans for Dubai’s new economic sectors.
1. To expand export markets for local products by 50%.
2. To increase the number of tourists coming to Dubai by 40% to 25 million visitors by 2025.
Newly Formed Department
Helal Al Marri, director general of the Tourism Department, has been appointed director general the newly formed department.
1. Seeks to support the economic and tourism transformations taking place in the emirate.
2. Adopt the same competitiveness and efficiency of the private sector.
3. Work together with it on various development projects.