Three Residents Bought Homes in Dubai City: For Securing Future
- Dubai Government announced a new savings scheme for expats working in the public sector recently.
- New savings schemes made expatriates hopeful of the trickle-down effect on the private sector, inspiring many to choose the place for retirement.
- Recent survey reveals that many expats in the UAE don't do enough to ensure a steady post-retirement life.
Proud Community Owners: Mariam Kiwan, Ashish & Anuradha Chakraborty, Dr Shams Tabrez Siddiqui
1. Mariam, global head of digital technology for a tobacco company lives with her husband and her eight-year-old daughter here.
An Egyptian expat, Mariam Kiwan and her husband Alaa Dous started became proud owners of a home five years ago in Dubai, after planning for two years. They own a 3-bedroom villa (townhouse) in Al Reem Mira community - Al Qudra.
Reasons of Investing
1. Investing in a property makes you feel more at home, because we do love the country.
2. Better to buy than keep paying rent, with nothing coming back to you. So, it's basically a kind of a saving plan.
Why Dubai really a family friendly community?
Dubai is really a family friendly community:
- Great place to invest because of various offerings that suits everyone’s lifestyle.
- Area that we live in is exactly what we were looking for a nice and modern community, respectful neighbours, great facilities and services.
2. Ashish and Anuradha Chakraborty who live in one of the most sought-after communities in Dubai, called Springs bought their property in 2012.
- They bought the villa (townhouse) solely for the purpose of investment and own other properties across prime locations in the city.
- They quote like investments are all a part of their savings, to meet long-term financial needs.
3. Golden visa holder, Dr Shams Tabrez Siddiqui, Founder and Managing Director, Crossroads Group of Dental Clinics and his wife who is also a dentist, started thinking about investing in a residential property three years after setting up their practice in the UAE.
They have two properties:
1. One is a flat on Sheikh Zayed road which was bought with the intention of making a passive income.
2. Other is land in Al Furjan, which will have a villa.
Reasons of Investing
He reiterates that Dubai is a safe haven, making it one of the most preferred destinations for expats across the world to choose it as an investment option.